This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Thursday, June 29, 2006
Returning my DS for repair
I'm not having the best luck with game systems lately. My original XBOX 360 died within days of purchase. Now, I am going to send my DS Lite in for repair. It's not a big issue; however, it is something that I tried living with for a couple of weeks.

Basically, I have a big red, dead pixel (OK, it is just 1 pixel, but it seems really big to me) in the middle of the touchscreen. For some games, it isn't very noticeable; however, for others, it is really annoying. Nintendo recommended using the DS for a week or so to see if it is still a problem. And, for me, it is.

So now I will be looking for some Nintendo methadone (or maybe a decent 360 game) while I wait the 5-7 business days that a repair takes to get back to me. The cool thing is that Nintendo is sending me a pre-paid UPS shipping label, so I don't have to shell out any cash. And since the DS Lite works, I can play it until I get the label.

I'll post a follow-up once I get my repaired DS Lite back.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.