This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Thursday, April 20, 2006
iPod up, Sirius down
Over the past week, I've been forced to use my iPod much more than usual due to the crash of my Sirius radio. Although I got both devices in the same week, Sirius was clearly the device of choice when they were both working.

Now, though, with my Sirius radio in for repair, I'm not missing it nearly as much as I was those first couple of days. I have found myself using my iPod in its place. And, last night, my iPod even made mowing the grass tolerable (something I could never do with Sirius).

So did I just get sucked into the Sirius hype? I mean, I really like Hair Nation and First Wave, don't I? I also wonder if the amount of new music that I've bought lately (about 5 CDs in a couple of months: Prince, Morrisey, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Arctic Monkeys, Eagles of Death Metal) is making the iPod more appealing right now. I generally don't buy that many CDs in a year.

I guess I'll just have to wait until I get my Sirius box back and then decide what I'm going to do.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.