This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
My Review: EofDM "Death by Sexy"


On Friday, I turned on the Tonight Show right as Jay Leno was about to introduce the Eagles of Death Metal. After getting my head around the fact that EoDM were on the Tonight Show, I was totally blown away by their new single "I Want You So Hard (Boy's Bad News)."

So Monday, I went to Best Buy and picked up "Death by Sexy" for the unbelievably low price of $7.99. After listening to the CD about 20 times over the past 2 days, I think I may have gotten the deal of the year.

"Death by Sexy" is raunchy, tongue-in-cheek, crotch rock at its best. Highlights include "I Want You So Hard (Boy's Bad News)," "I Got a Feelin' (Just Nineteen)," "Cherry Cola" and "Solid Gold." Actually, as I was making that list of highlights, I had a hard time not including every song.

As I listened to it, I actually found myself comparing it to Urge Overkill (one of my personal favorites). Hopefully UO can pull off an album like this whenever they get around to releasing their new material. Of course, I also heard lots of Queens of the Stone Age in the music, too (not surprising since drummer Josh Homme is also the lead singer of QOTSA).

Guest vocalists on the album include Brodie Dalle from the Distillers and Jack Black. Jack and Dave Grohl are also featured in the video for "I Want You So Hard (Boy's Bad News)."

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.