This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Friday, April 21, 2006
Now I need a smartphone
Now that I have a Slingbox, I want to try out the SlingPlayer Mobile that lets you interact with your Slingbox via a Windows Mobile-powered smartphone. The problem is that I am totally ignorant about smartphones. Part of the reason is that I don't really like carrying a phone with me all the time. I think that being able to use it to watch my DirecTiVo via my Slingbox would change my feelings about my phone.

Here is a list of phones that are currently supported by SlingPlayer Mobile:

- Palm Treo 700w
- Samsung i730
- Siemens SX66
- Sprint PPC-6700
- T-Mobile MDA
- UTStarcom 6700
- Verizon XV-6700
- Cingular 8125

So, does anyone have a recommendation for a good smartphone (that doesn't cost a fortune)? I'm getting ready to change cellphone providers (finally losing the Cingular shackles -- hooray!), so I am hoping to work out some sort of new subscriber discount for the hardware.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.